Try Our Fondi Margherita Pizza Recipe at Home
Perhaps you don’t know this yet, or maybe you do – but you can make Fondi’s pizza at home with our in-house made sour starter dough. It’s true.
You can “Get The Dough” (which we affectionately name “Sophia” after the famous actress) to take home for your next Fondi’s & Chill evening right from the comfort of your home. Now, don’t go thinking you can just skip out on a meal in our dining room – we will always love serving you in person.
But just in case you’d like to make a DIY pizza at home, we, in full-bias, suggest you pick up a pre-made ball of our sour-starter dough. We’ve adapted our recipe below from Gino D’Acampo’s Margherita Pizza recipe using our Fondi’s dough.
Check it out below, and if you’d like to order your pre-made sour-starter dough, call us at (253) 851-6666.
- 2 Fondi Pizzeria dough balls
- 200-300g sieved tomatoes (we recommend San Mazano brand. Use more tomatoes if you like.)
- 2 mozzarella balls, drained and cut into little cubes (double this up for an extra cheesy pie)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- to taste salt and pepper
- 2 tbs strong white flour for dusting
**For the most authentic Fondi experience at home, we can even hook you up with our fresh-in-house made tomato sauce AND mozzarella. Methinks a full DIY Pizza Kit may be in order soon, hmmmm…”
INSTRUCTIONS: Makes 2 pizzas
- Pick up 2 fresh sour-starter dough balls at Fondi Pizzeria in Gig Harbor, WA.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F
- Turn out the dough onto a well-floured surface and use your hands to push each one out from the centre, to create a round disc about 25cm in diameter. Place the pizza bases on the oiled baking trays.
- Spread the passata evenly over the top of the bases using the back of a tablespoon. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the mozzarella between the 2 pizzas and drizzle each one with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Cook in the middle of the oven for 18 minutes until golden brown.
- Two minutes before the end of the cooking, scatter over the basil and continue to cook. Serve hot and enjoy with your favorite cold beverage.